Do we really have to wait another year?
Last Saturday was THE day.
I was bouncing all day, it was so exciting and so great to meet everyone of the knitting world again! By the end of the day I was sneezing and coughing more and more, so I was really scared I was developing a wool allergy! Luckily (?) it was 'just' a nasty cold or the flu or whatever. Anyway, I am still sick at home, but today I finally feel slightly better. Time to show you my stash enhancement!
Two of these to make a hat and scarf and maybe mittens for Bram. It is Jitterbug by Colinette...
These yummie soft purple skeins of merino, for me!They are probably going to be a hat so I can learn how to do Nancy's brioche stitch with two colors.
This is the swatch I made during Nancy's workshop. It is great to learn something new again, and I can already tell that this stitch is addictive. I have been studying her website and watching the video's about 50 times these past few days, but I finally mastered the Italian cast on that is so nice with this stitch. I will start with the green yarn for Bram before I try the two color brioche stitch with the purple yarn...
In another workshop I was taught how to use a drop spindle. I was very hesitant about this. Actually, I was pretty much convinced I would not like it. During the first 20 minutes it seemed like I was right and I was starting to believe I am not a very talented spinner. But then it dawned on me: you should not try to make the fibers themselves longer (impossible!), but just loosen up a bundle of fibers. Yes, I know, very logical, but hey, I AM blond and I was getting sick... Then I got the hang of it and enjoyed it a lot.I can't show you the other stuff I bought, since they are all presents, mostly for my magic ball swap!
Some older knitting news that I still had to post here:



My second pair of socks is finished!
Not the nicest pictures, but you get the idea.
The pattern is 'pro natura' from the wolhalla website, but made with 6-stranded sock yarn instead of 4-stranded.
I also finished my third pair, but can't show them yet since they are presents as well...
And since it has been soooo long since my last post: a lot of Bram pictures to keep all the non-knitters who read this blog happy.

Testing his new rubber boots on the beach.

Doing dishes with daddy.
Trying daddy's slippers...
I LOVE this picture!!!


1 Comments:
ja, 't was een heerlijke dag he!? Leuke foto's van Bram, vooral die aan de aanwas.
Een reactie posten
<< Home