Wollekje

Just needed an easier way to keep in touch with y'all in these busy times.

donderdag, april 27, 2006

Nothing yet

They say you shouldn't focus on the due date, because only 2% of them (i.e., babies) will actually stick to that date. So I had to distract myself today, and what better way to do it than with some old-fashioned craftiness?
I woke up with the urge to decorate the crib. Our family crib has been standing beside our bed for weeks and weeks. I wasn't planning on using the 'hemel' (no clue what the English word is, let's say 'crib-curtains', you know what I mean...)(do like the Dutch word though, it means 'heaven') because I think they are a little tacky.
But hey, I had this urge, I needed something to do, and I had some cheap IKEA curtains laying around that we didn't need after all, and tons of scrap yarn. Here's the result of an afternoon's work.
After making the curtains the right size, I used some chuncky Zeeman-yarn to applique clouds and stars along the top edge. Stars because Martijn is a star-gazer, and clouds because that is what 'wollekje' means, 'little cloud'... I am only halfway, but I quite like the result, if I may say so myself. If I still like doing this after the other half is finished, I may make another band with animals on the lower part of the curtains. Butterflies and snails come to mind, maybe catterpillars as well. We'll see.















And since we are looking into our bedroom now anyway, remember the purple wall?
Here it is with the new curtains next to it:











And here are some cut-and-paste pics of our purple-and-lavender-blue boudoir in its full glory:












The only thing still missing are the artworks I wrote about earlier (still need to get frames), they will be put on the purple wall itself. And of course, you need to imagine the hideous grey bed-heighteners gone from the room, and the bed a little lower... Man, I know they are needed to prevent back-problems for the midwives and care-takers, but I have troubles climbing in and out of bed with my short legs and big belly...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anoniem said...

Ziet er leuk uit, al kan ik me niet helemaal voorstellen hoe je het hebt gemaakt. Enne, wat een droomslaapkamer. Heerlijke kleuren!

28 april, 2006 08:17  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Ah, je bent je achterstallige blogs aan het bijlezen na Parijs? Ik kwam je commentaar op meerdere sites tegen (-:
De hemeldecoratie is in feite heel simpel: gewoon een dikke draad wol in een vorm op de stof leggen en met een klein steekje om de centimeter ofzo vastnaaien...

28 april, 2006 15:32  
Anonymous Anoniem said...

Als je toch maar zit te wachten,eh...eh..je snapt wel:ik wil ook wel een hemel boven mijn bed.
Hartstikke leuk gedaan.

28 april, 2006 22:56  
Blogger bugheart said...

hey hey...
i can't read any of this!
what a great bedroom...
i didn't know
wollekje meant little cloud!
(although i am sure
you told me 100 times)
how cute it that! ...
craftiness is good...
i need to send your prizes!
and look for lovely cloud things
for you...
are yo going to call
your baby wollekje
as a nick name?

29 april, 2006 15:59  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Baby can't be wollekje, 'cause that's me! We'll think of something cuter than his/her current nickname 'dikke drol' ('big turd') once we finally meet...

29 april, 2006 18:55  
Anonymous Anoniem said...

omg! jeff and i have the same ikea bureau thingy in our room. we had to add a second 2-door unit thought b/c we wanted a place to put the tv and we also keep our linens in it.

02 mei, 2006 22:15  

Een reactie posten

<< Home