Lovely weekend...
That is what we had.
We spent Friday afternoon checking out two stores with second hand and B-choice baby furniture (it is amazing what people are willing spend on their little ones! We don't have the budget to buy new stuff at the moment, but I wonder if I would buy new even if I had the money...). Didn't find anything to our liking, but that problem may be solved now thanks to marktplaats. I am truly becoming a marktplaats addict! (for the American readers, among which some die-hard thrift store shoppers: marktplaats is a website where anyone can buy or sell their used stuff).
Then we drove to the beach for a short walk (all I am capable of, and it was COLD!) and some hot chocolate before we went to the hotel. This was my view from the restaurant:

The hotel was exactly what I was hoping for: small, simple, clean, friendly people, good breakfast, very nice room, very big bath...

We booked the 'culinary arrangement', which I highly recommend! It includes two nights, two breakfasts at the hotel, and two 3-course meals at two different restaurants in Bergen, all for € 119,- p.p. You only pay extra for the drinks you have in the restaurants. Great fun to eat out and get a check of less than € 10,-. (-:
On Friday we had dinner at the lovely restaurant Onder de Linde, on Saturday we went to De ware Jacob, at crawling distance from the hotel. Which would be a big plus if I was allowed to enjoy the great wine... Sigh.
Saturday was cold and windy and we even had snow! Good day to spent in town, looking at the art galleries, window shopping, eating apple pie, and visiting the LYS (as far as I know they don't have a website, but here's the address: Finlandia Import; Kleine Dorpsstraat 26; 1861 KN Bergen. Tel. 072-5894642). Great shop, great selection, very nice, very helpful, and very up-to-date people. They knew all about the Stitch 'n Bitch groups and even about the Sue Fast Sue Easy dumbo's. And can I just say here that I am the luckiest wife in the world? Not only does Martijn not mind going into a yarn shop with me, he even looks around by himself, asks tons of questions to the owners, and this time he was the one who found this fantabulous pattern that I had to buy for baby... (The lighter blue yarn is for a baby blanket.)(No, we still don't know if baby is a boy or a girl. Just happen to like blue a lot.)

Lunch consisted of fresh bread and fish from the market. The afternoon was spent in the aquarium to see the live version of our lunch (-:

On Sunday we drove to the Hondsbossche zeewering. On the inland side is a very nice bird-watching area, called de Putten. We forgot to bring our binoculars this weekend, but the area is lovely, so we just walked around, then crossed the dike and sat in the sun looking out over the sea and a shipwreck...



(do I look pregnant?)
We finished off this time-for-each-other-no-DIY weekend with a pancake dinner by Martijn...
mmmmm...


3 Comments:
damn! i need to move to the netherlands. you had me at the view from the window! sounds like a wonderful weekend! can we go there when i visit next!?!
i like the "Sue Fast Sue Easy" phrase...
i say so fast so sleazy... but yours is better- very european view of the us and so true, unfortunately.
unfortunately, i can't take credit for the sue fast sue easy phrase... read it online somewhere, but i think it is a great one (-:
and of course we can go to bergen when you visit! it is not far from amsterdam, so a day trip is possible as well... when are you coming?
(actually, i think it is our turn again after your very short trip last october... but it may take a while before we can come with the whole family...)
Great time you had! Good tips.
Een reactie posten
<< Home