Wollekje

Just needed an easier way to keep in touch with y'all in these busy times.

donderdag, mei 04, 2006

Not today

I hope.
Today is memorial day in Holland.
Not a nice day to have your birthday.
Two minutes of silence before your party can start every year.
Tomorrow is liberation day. Much more festive. And appropriate I guess, it will be a liberation for me at least (-:

It is beautiful outside, sunny, and all the trees are flowering.
Something I DON'T miss about Atlanta: spring is awesome over there, but you still can't sit outside without having to spend an hour cleaning a huge layer of pollen from your deck or balcony...
We don't have a garden anymore in our new place, but the living room catches the sun most of the day and has a French balcony. So I am sitting comfortably in the living room with the doors wide open giving me an outdoor feeling. Excellent.
Yesterday we (i.e. Martijn) started cleaning the real balcony on the back of the apartment. A trip to the garden center will follow shortly, I hope. We need lots of flowers and a big pot of bamboo (one of my dreams for this balcony: I love the sound of the wind rushing through a big bush of bamboo...). But it was already nice yesterday evening to sit outside on our bench, realizing one of my favorite birds, the 'gierzwaluw' (Apus apus, or common swift), is back in town. I love these flight-acrobats, it is undeniably spring now!

Here is a pic of the sailor jacket/cardigan/whatever I have been working on. I need to go out and buy buttons and a zipper still, but there is no place near our house where I can get those things. I made it a little large, ~ for a 6 month old baby, since it is a warm jacket. Aiming for baby to wear it in October rather than mid-summer (-:
Started working on a matching hat this morning, hope I have enough yarn left...

8 Comments:

Blogger Beta said...

I'm a friend of Bugheart's. I've started checking your blog every day to see if baby has arrived yet. It's addicting! Also, I love hearing about people moving into new places and fixing it up for themselves. The nursery looks great - I'm especially fond of the stars and clouds on the hemel around the crib.
Just wanted to say hi and good luck!

04 mei, 2006 18:35  
Blogger Annemarie said...

(-:
I feel like a soap-star!
'When will baby come?' starring Annemarie a.k.a. Wollekje...
Checked your profile, we should get along fine: I think blogs are stupid but still read and write every day, I love lists too (I even put stuff I have already done on my to-do-lists, just so I can check them off), and we are about the only people in our neighbourhood who don't have net-curtains. Not because i want people to look at us, but because I want to be able to look at other people (-:

04 mei, 2006 19:38  
Blogger Beta said...

I'm so rude - I meant to say earlier that I love the cardigan for the new baby! It looks simple enough for frequent wear, but has a distinctive flair. Nice job.

Ha - I had forgotten what I wrote in my profile. I also put already completed tasks on my to-do lists just so I can check them off :)

04 mei, 2006 20:05  
Anonymous Anoniem said...

Je vestje-jasje is superlief. En dat is je baby ook, als hij/zij vandaag geboren wordt.
:-) (en anders ook)

05 mei, 2006 10:42  
Blogger Tracykins said...

Another Bugheart pal here. First - I admire your cheerful orange kitchen, then your adorable little sailor sweater! Why don't you live here? Or better yet - why don't we all live there? Thought there might be some neighbors I woulnd't want to see. :)

05 mei, 2006 21:59  
Anonymous Anoniem said...

vewwy pwetty. who knows, i might want to nick your pattern soon :)

05 mei, 2006 22:31  
Blogger Annemarie said...

hi oldandbusted,
do you have pictures of your very own orange kitchen yet?
i am very curious...

05 mei, 2006 23:25  
Anonymous Anoniem said...

cute vessie! Annemarie, waar blijft je baby now?

08 mei, 2006 12:27  

Een reactie posten

<< Home