Wollekje

Just needed an easier way to keep in touch with y'all in these busy times.

woensdag, november 22, 2006

My magic ball!!

The mailman just came by.
Immediately I thought: It's my magic ball from the Dutch magic ball swap!
Then I saw the size of the box, and thought: this can't be it...




Bram was all excited too!






I opened the box, and there was a letter from my magic ball swapper.
It was my magic ball after all!!!
Not quite what I expected (I expected a ball of yarn with presents wrapped inside), but a box full of presents that would never ever fit in one skein.














Bram immediately fell in love with the shiny ribbons, and he is still playing with them beside me, laughing out loud.











Since I did not need to knit to get to the presents, I opened all of them right away (-:
I was already wondering if I could wait patiently to find each present while knitting, so this worked out fine. Here's my loot:




Note Bram's little hand grabbing the napkins. A second later he was chewing on them. (Don't worry, I saved them in time)





A closer look:


A skein of beautiful brown hand-spun wool from Texel (oh mystery-person: were we there at the same time?), a scarf made from the same yarn, three balls of red Schachenmeyer yarn (the same yarn I used for Bram's baby blanket, great stuff!), and a collection of kid patterns from knitty.





For the inner me: speculaaskruiden (windmill-cookie spices, shown here on a plate because the package was leaking spices and I was unwrapping all this on our bed)(I love the smell of windmill-cookie-spices in the morning (-; ), a wooden tray to make the speculaas with and pretty napkins.





Some yarn to make little hats for Innocent smoothies and a wooden needle that I am ashamed to admit I have no clue what it is for... Please someone enlighten me?










And last but not least a kit to make cat toys (does the mystery person know of our wish to have cats soon?), including little bells and catnip. These will be so much fun to make!



Dear secret magic ball swapper, thank you so much!

I really have to finish my own magic ball soon. It is almost done!
Then we can start a new swap (-:
I love it!

NOTE: the laughing suddenly stopped, Bram tired himself and fell asleep still covered in the shiny ribbons...


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anoniem said...

Wauw! Jij bent ook verwend zeg!

22 november, 2006 16:07  
Blogger - said...

wowie, mooi pakket en zoooooooooooooo zoet die Bram onder dat lint.

22 november, 2006 16:19  
Blogger bugheart said...

wowsers!
what a swap pal!!!!
xo

22 november, 2006 17:26  
Blogger Elly said...

wowwwwwww wat een leuke pakjes ,en wat ligt er een megaleuk mannetje bij .

22 november, 2006 20:02  
Blogger odette said...

Mooie wolletjes heb jij gekregen. Wat zal jij aangenaam verrast zijn geweest. Ik weet het niet zeker maar is die houten pen niet een soort pin voor bij de sjaal of zo? Om hem te sluiten bedoel ik.

22 november, 2006 22:14  

Een reactie posten

<< Home